Re: IIS and Raidus authentication

From: Edward Eckenstein (chuck66766_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/29/03

    Date: 29 Nov 2003 10:30:07 -0800

    Mr. Kokkinias

    Our product RadIIS will do exactly this. It intercepts
    username/passwords from users for directories using standard 'Basic
    Authentication' (supported by all browsers and IIS) and authenticates
    from a Radius server you specify. Upon successful authentication, a
    single NT username/password is assigned (this is invisible to the
    user). The username typed into the browser will appear next to every
    item accessed in the IIS logs.

    Please check out our web site:
    www.tcpdata.com

    Ed Eckenstein
    TCP Data

    "Theodoros Kokkinias" <tkokkin@algosystems.gr> wrote in message news:<OyPCoWprDHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
    > We have just set up a Windows 2003 Server Standard and put up a site with
    > IIS. We would like users from the internet to have to authenticate when
    > visiting the site but do not want to create accounts for all these "public"
    > users in our active directory... We allready have a triple A radius running
    > and we would like to use that in order to authenticate the users. Any
    > chance of actually being able to do that?
    >
    > Thanx in advance.

    • Re: NT Challenge/Response with IE and IIS
      ... > Windows Authentication, but that will only work with IE ... > Does this happen with all browsers or just non IE browsers? ... > for domain users only for different browsers and operating ... Tom Kaminski IIS MVP ...
    • Re: User NT Authentication
      ... If your IE browsers are configured correctly and the users are logged on to ... authentication method. ... How IIS Authenticates Browser Clients ... > force the user to get a NT Challenge Response prompt, ...
    • Redirect to an authenticated site .....
      ... When we try to get an access to a secure content in a IIS with "Basic ... Authentication" IE shows a dialog box to set user ID and pass. ... correct authentication IE (all browsers) adds a special HTTPHeader ... User is calling page01.aspx and then is automatically redirecting to ...
    • Re: HELP PLEASE The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied.
      ... Web Security: Part 2: Introducing the Web Application Manager, Client ... Authentication Options, and Process Isolation ... It introduces the Web Application Manager in IIS that ... logon session, which is dangerous. ...
    • RE: Can no longer access ActiveSync
      ... OMA and Exchange/Exchange-OMA virtual directory. ... Please verify Authentication settings by the following steps. ... Open IIS Manager ... issue may be caused by the Exchange attribute of original user account. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)