Re: Normal AOL proxy behavior or DOS attack?

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/29/03

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:03:02 +0800

Sorry man, been travelling abit..

well, the NLB setting is set to 'single' affinity. so it
will always stick with one server and session is not shared.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Jerry III" <jerryiii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I don't think that's the issue. That "sessions timeout" is most likely
> caused by your servers not sharing session state (regular ASP can't do
this
> and Asp.Net needs to be setup to do that) or your servers might have
> different times (which would cause problems to Asp.Net's sessions as
they're
> timestamped).
>
> Jerry
>
> "Bernard" <qbernard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Jerry,
> >
> > I have one NLB site that straight away give 'session timeout'
> > error, if you access via AOL browser. do you think that it is
> > related to this ?
> >
> > if user access direct to one of the host via dedicated IP or
> > FQDN, everything work fine. why this that ? and from research
> > seems like AOL users have this problem for a long time and
> > nobody care.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bernard Cheah
> > http://support.microsoft.com/
> > Please respond to newsgroups only ...
> >

> > "Jerry III" <jerryiii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Not really, it's simply a load balanced proxy. The tracking is
actually
> > > lot easier as all their users requests go through their servers. That
> > gives
> > > them complete control over what their users see and what they don't.
And
> > > they're AOL, they don't care that they're just creating a lot of
> problems
> > > for others.
> > >
> > > Jerry
> > >
> > > "ja" <na@noemail.com> wrote in message
> > of

> > > different
> another
> > IP

Relevant Pages

  • Re: scheduler fails to start task five hours after session close
    ... If the job connects to another machine you may need to add the user/ group 'logon as batch job' rights. ... I have a strange behavior on my servers where the scheduled tasks fail to start with message "Could not start". ... I added one task every hour on the hour that calls the same batch file with the same credentials, those of the session I opened. ...
  • Reason 0.1.0 (New Nessus Client)
    ... Reason is an application/network security scanner client for Nessus and Nessus compatible servers. ... In addition to an improved user interface, it provides complete session management, templates, and report generation using XSLT. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: content static for 24hrs
    ... Largely content delivery, some of which will be subscription based. ... kind of session info would be required. ... The are single purpose servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Update: Remote Desktop for Administration issue
    ... I logged in to one of my two problem servers from a workstation I never ... logged in from before and got a second session to open. ... allow a local connection as well as two remote connections as they should. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Terminal Services Random Session Disconnections
    ... For about 3 weeks now we have been getting random sessions disconnections across our seven terminal servers They are all IBM Blades. ... Remote users are only affected - it is not users within the local lan that seem to be affected. ... problems when connecting to a new session. ...