Re: IIS 6 - UNC - 401.1 - Access is denied due to invalid credentials

From: augustus (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/23/03

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 05:37:28 -0800

It seems to work disabling "Integrated Windows
authentication" and enabeling "Basic authentication" on
the protected sub-directory, but I don't like the fact
that this sends the password in clear text...

Augustus

via LogonUser --
>usually due to incorrect username/password. If it's
anonymous -- check that
>the anonymous account is synchronized between the
metabase and SAM/AD.

>Have you looked at:
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?
url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/deploy/confeat/R
emStorg.asp

>--
>//David
>IIS
confers no rights.
>//
>Forgot to tell, UNC mapping is used to access the share:
>\\nas01\share\web\root\clientname\html indicating no
>username nor password, leaving "Always use the
>authenticated user's credentials when validating access to
>the network directory." checked.
>The not password protected area is working well, just the
>password protected directory is not working
>(file permissions are the same as the local website)
>Any ideas?
>
>thanks in advance,
>Augustus

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS 6 - UNC - 401.1 - Access is denied due to invalid credentials
    ... You are assuming that all authentication can be delegated, ... >401.1 implies that IIS failed to obtain the user token ... >(file permissions are the same as the local website) ... >>password protected directory for the website statistics ...
  • Re: Integrated Windows Authentication - 401: Access Denied
    ... try using iis authdiag, make sure all your permissions are squared away. ... > from a browser the Integrated Windows Authentication ... >>> Developing .NET application to acccess web services. ...
  • RE: HttpContext Problem
    ... When user access UploadFileApps, it will check whether the user's email ... Negotiate" header is used for Kerberos authentication ... in IE and IIS, this normally means you've checked "Integrated Windows ...
  • Re: Windows Authentication problem with IIS6 (Win2k3)
    ... Authentication Protocol is Integrated ... Jeff - Thank you SOOOOO much - your suggestion to check out the IIS ... regardless of the IE setting regarding Enabling Integrated Windows ... >>I believe the problem to be something related to the Kerberos technology, ...
  • Re: Windows Authentication problem with IIS6 (Win2k3)
    ... Authentication Protocol is Integrated ... Jeff - Thank you SOOOOO much - your suggestion to check out the IIS ... regardless of the IE setting regarding Enabling Integrated Windows ... >>I believe the problem to be something related to the Kerberos technology, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)