Re: IIS 6 - UNC - 401.1 - Access is denied due to invalid credentials

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/23/03

    Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:06:56 -0800

    What authentication type did you enable on the UNC vdir?

    401.1 implies that IIS failed to obtain the user token via LogonUser --
    usually due to incorrect username/password. If it's anonymous -- check that
    the anonymous account is synchronized between the metabase and SAM/AD.

    Have you looked at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/deploy/confeat/RemStorg.asp

    --
    //David
    IIS
    Forgot to tell, UNC mapping is used to access the share:
    \\nas01\share\web\root\clientname\html indicating no
    username nor password, leaving "Always use the
    authenticated user's credentials when validating access to
    the network directory." checked.
    The not password protected area is working well, just the
    password protected directory is not working
    (file permissions are the same as the local website)
    Any ideas?
    thanks in advance,
    Augustus
    works
    >fine, but results in a problem when is situated on the
    >NAS; the client cannot view the protected directory
    >through http, username & password are not accepted
    >resulting in a "HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access
    is
    >denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information
    >Services (IIS)" error.
    >FTP access for this user is working fine (R/W to his
    >website, read-only for the password protected directory).
    >What can be wrong here?
    >.

    • Re: IIS 6 - UNC - 401.1 - Access is denied due to invalid credentials
      ... You are assuming that all authentication can be delegated, ... >401.1 implies that IIS failed to obtain the user token ... >(file permissions are the same as the local website) ... >>password protected directory for the website statistics ...
    • Re: Permission Problems SBS2003 R1
      ... website on the SBS server? ... Default permissions and user rights for IIS 6.0 ... Step 3: Please check the permissions in IIS manager: ... Step 4: Re-running CEICW on SBS server: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: HTTP Error 403.6
      ... Open Server Management and expand to Internet Information Services node. ... Check Default Web Site setting under IIS ... Under Website, right click Default Website, select Properties. ... Check ISAPI Filter of Default Web Site setting. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: RWW
      ... Please rerun the CEICW, this helps us to configure network and IIS ... Open Server Management console, ... Under Website, right click Default Website, select Properties ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Calling unmanaged code from ASP.NET in IIS7
      ... It works on my dev box if I run the website through Visual Studio using ... post and a popup saying "IIS Worker Process stopped and was closed". ... the DLL for now. ...
      (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)