Re: why don't my ssl headers show?

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k_at_despammed.com)
Date: 11/21/03

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:16:09 -0500

Are you talking host headers? Those aren't supported with SSL. You need to
use different port numbers or different IP addresses if you want to host
multiple web sites / domains using SSL on one web server. e.g.
https://www.yourseconddomain.com:444 or have www.yourseconddomain.com
resolve to a different IP address, but both IP addresses are bound to the
TCP/IP stack for your network interface [multiple NIC cards are not
necessary].

And if you do this, it may be helpful to use host headers on two non-SSL
sites that contain redirect scripts that redirect users from the non-SSL
site to the appropriate SSL site so they don't need to remember to type in
https://www.yourseconddomain.com:444 Redirect scripts are possibly using
META REFRESH in HTML, Response.Redirect in .ASP, etc. Additional examples
are in www.google.com and www.iisfaq.com

"Jason Gallas" <jgallas@usa.nospam.net> wrote in message
> I'm using network-tools.com to check my websites for http and ssl headers
> and when I do the http headers they show up but the ssl ones do not.
Also,
> on my master www service properties sheet there is no port listed under
ssl
> port but there is port 80 for http port. What gives? How would I add ssl
> to this property sheet, or is that even possible? Or alternately, is this
> even necessary to make the ssl headers show up?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS6 and SSL
    ... For some reason some of the sites seem to be responding on port 443 ... checked IIS and only one site has port 443 enabled. ... stop this - the site host headers are not checked until after the ... initial SSL handshake has completed, so there's no way to block the ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: SSL and Virtual Web Sites
    ... HTTP 1.1 Host Headers Are Not Supported When You Use SSL ... but the same port number. ...
  • Re: Port 444 vs 80 for website
    ... But you really don't need to change Port 80 ... If the mail is through SSL it's 443 and that's it ... If i change the default website to anything but port 80, ... whether host headers will work using SSL ports only considering you can't ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Can I have multiple SSL certs on one IIS server?
    ... headers is not supported. ... IIS 6.0 w/SP1 has support for SSL with host headers ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Installing ISA Server for first time
    ... Please note that though correct for HTTP SSL on non standard ports I'm not ... the ISA 2004 can only allow SSL 443 port go through it. ... Microsoft is providing this information as aconvenience to you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)