Re: SSL Setup for Load-Balanced Web Farm

From: Keith W. McCammon (
Date: 11/13/03

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:37:53 -0500

> Now the LB is done through windows NLB - I guess this is considered
software LB -- If I want to "handle SSL on the LB device" I assume that
involves a seperate dedicated hardware & software to handle the SSL? Can
you offer any recommendations about vendors or places to look for more

I've used F5's BIG-IP product for years. It's easy, fast to setup, stable,
etc. Dell resells a version, too, if I recall. It's BSD-based, but you
don't have to tinker with the OS, in most cases. All manner of accelerators
are available for the platform.