Re: SSL Setup for Load-Balanced Web Farm

From: Keith W. McCammon (km_at_km.com)
Date: 11/13/03

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:37:53 -0500

> Now the LB is done through windows NLB - I guess this is considered
software LB -- If I want to "handle SSL on the LB device" I assume that
involves a seperate dedicated hardware & software to handle the SSL? Can
you offer any recommendations about vendors or places to look for more
research?

I've used F5's BIG-IP product for years. It's easy, fast to setup, stable,
etc. Dell resells a version, too, if I recall. It's BSD-based, but you
don't have to tinker with the OS, in most cases. All manner of accelerators
are available for the platform.

Relevant Pages

  • Attention, Janice: Correction of above
    ... it seems that Comcast is that external ... This SSL is the root of your trouble. ... In order to get stunnel, use your browser to go to the following page: ... This setup will allow you to read and post news, but it does not enable you ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Exchange 2003 OMA
    ... Are you using SSL and requiring it? ... If you are using the FE/BE setup then you need to read KB article ... > there for overloaded servers but this server is definately not overloaded. ...
  • Re: Cant assign IP to site
    ... was trying to do that in the first place .I never setup a site w/o a host ... Let me describe my setup. ... not even talking about SSL yet, 1 step at a time) I still get this problem. ... I have verified by checking each website properties and advanced button ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Complicated Exchange setup
    ... FE-BE setup, you should use SSL on the FE. ... The BE server will not have SSL-required. ... I'm pretty new to administrating exchange server (have 2003 standard ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: client end of ssl authenticaiton
    ... windows xp setup with outlook quit working too, ... shows port 465 will be used. ... In the setup it did indicate it would be using ... check box for ssl which also indicated it would use port 465. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)