Re: setting up one ssl website that houses mulitple websites with only port numbers

From: Jerry III (jerryiii_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/12/03

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:02:14 -0800

Well, you just set it up, as long as they're setup as different web sites in
IIS. Just right click the web site you want to enable in ISM and set it up
with SSL. But I just had a thought - you may have to disable connection
pooling, otherwise IIS listens on all IP addresses even though they're not
setup, I'm not sure if it does that for SSL too but if it does then just
lookup connection pooling in KB.

Jerry

> > I don't understand the question - you can assign a certificate to a
single
> > web site, it does not affect other sites setup on the box. That is the
> > combination of ip/port has to be unique, you can't use host headers
> > (multiple web sites on a single ip/port combination) with SSL.
> >
> > So what exactly are you trying to do?
>
> I am trying to setup ssl for one website that houses mulitple
> non-secure websites. The way that its setup on the web server,
> everything done through port number for example http://Krovn:90 is one
> website, another is Krovn:92 is another. My question is how can I make
> krovn:90 a secured website without add an ip address just on the port
> number and not effecting every website on the webserver.
>

> > Jerry
> >
> > "krovn" <krovn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > HI
> > >
> > > I am working on an NT server/iis 4.0, I am trying to install a
> > > certificate for one website. However on this server it houses multiple
> > > websites that do not have assigned ipaddress in iis but instead port
> > > numbers. For example internal server http://krugger:90. When I follow
> > > instructions that someone gave me it is at the root level not at the
> > > server level. I assign the port number , but leave the ip address
> > > unassigned. The whole webserver becomes SSL enabled, I do not want
> > > that. I want to setup one virtual directory(website) with ssl. I want
> > > to be able to select the other websites on the server with the normal
> > > http not https. How do I install the certificate for one website
> > > without effecting the entire webserver? Thanks Matt

Relevant Pages

  • RE: HTTP Error 403.6
    ... Open Server Management and expand to Internet Information Services node. ... Check Default Web Site setting under IIS ... Under Website, right click Default Website, select Properties. ... Check ISAPI Filter of Default Web Site setting. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VS 2008 New Website...create on server?
    ... When you create a website *on a non-standard port*, like 99 instead of 80, ... you need to first create the website manually using the IIS manager. ... at the root level where you are creating the new Web site. ... FrontPage Server Extensions must be enabled for the Web site. ...
  • Re: VS 2008 New Website...create on server?
    ... you need to first create the website manually using the IIS manager. ... at the root level where you are creating the new Web site. ... FrontPage Server Extensions must be enabled for the Web site. ...
  • Re: IIS configuration doubt
    ... Meanwhile I discovered that the "Default Web Site" is missing when trying to ... I was using the Remote Desktop Access when I lost the connection and got ... IIS Administration. ... It seems to me that the default website is missing! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Unusual request
    ... packets a second ... go through the setup of those - important to spend enough ... make an example website on the IIS, ... then use a few 'dir c:' and other "read information" from the IIS ...
    (Full-Disclosure)