Re: Has anyone heard of this event and do you know what it means?

From: Ben F. Marshall (ben.marshall_at_nospam.swinc.com)
Date: 11/11/03

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:36:20 -0600

I'll give it a try. Thanks!!

--
Ben F. Marshall
Simpler-Webb Inc.
"Yogita Manghnani [MSFT]" <yonlinemanghn@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:x0ApEL%23pDHA.1372@cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl...
> Hello Ben,
> From what I have found, this event could be logged if the RPC Locater
> Service is set to Manual startup instead of Automatic. The default startup
> type in Windows 2000 is Automatic and in 2003 is Manual. Make sure that
the
> startup Type is set to Automatic and start the service. Then stop and
start
> NetLogon.
> If this doesn't solve the problem, I'd suggest you to post to the Active
> directory newsgroup as well (microsoft.public.adsi).
>
> Good luck,
> Yogita Manghnani
> Microsoft Developer Support
> Internet Information Server

> >>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is an online
> account name for newsgroup participation only.<<

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use.
>
>  2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

  • RE: Has anyone heard of this event and do you know what it means?
    ... Service is set to Manual startup instead of Automatic. ... directory newsgroup as well. ... Microsoft Developer Support ...
  • Re: RUNDLL ----- CWINDOWSSYSTEM32gzmrt.dll
    ... NTFS4DOS.exe: NTFS access for DOS ... one however is a new entry I found in the startup heading of windows defender ... Startup Type: Registry: Local Machine ...
  • Re: [Error number: 0x80070005]
    ... The startup is set to automatic and recovery is set to re-start the service. ... I suspect you were only shown that command ... What Startup type do you have for the service? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Applications Starting at Startup
    ... I've check the startup folder and don't see them in there. ... I did have a registry utility which listed several of them as running at start ... Press Standard tab on the bottom, drag Startup Type, and Status to the left of Description then drag the Name column right border all the way to the right so you can read it easily. ... you might want to sort the columns by Startup Type and Name so you've got 2 lists. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)