Re: HTTP works on SSL Port !

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/09/03

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 22:22:38 +0800

Mm.. what OS is that ?
My IIS 5.0 will not serve such request.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
http://support.microsoft.com/
Please respond to newsgroups only ...
"J-Philippe Pouliot" <jeapou2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3fde68f9.0311051237.4334cfcb@posting.google.com...
> I have a site in IIS that "Require secure chanel (SSL)" is checked.
> TCP Port : 6666
> SSL Port : 7777
>
> When I try http://mysite:6666 - I see a page indicate that the site
> require SSL - GOOD !
>
> When I try https://mysite:7777 - I see my page with the yellow lock
> and when I double-click on the lock, I see the certificate - GOOD !
>
> But if I try http://mysite:7777 - I see the page with the yellow lock
> and when I double-click on the lock, I see "This type of document does
> not have a security certificate" - WHY ?
>
> Why can I call the SSL port whitout HTTPS ?
>
> Tanks !
>
> J-Philippe !

Relevant Pages

  • Re: McAfee Firewall 3.03, IIS 5.0, http/https
    ... You can create a second website from within ... Both will affectively allow you to run IIS with the SSL port closed. ... > distinction between http and https. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: IIS Stop by unknown reason
    ... IIS, what probably happened is you bound the SSL port to the same port as ... you need to make your SSL port different than your TCP ... | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ...
  • Re: Exchange 2003 front-end stops listening on SSL port
    ... "Mattias Nyholm" wrote in message ... > then used the IIS ... > management tool to enable SSL for the new virtual server. ... > the server doesn't listen on the SSL port. ...
  • Re: SSL Port 443 disappears after server restart
    ... Often this occurs in Windows 2000 because your settings first get stored to ... The workaround for me usually is to manually stop and restart the IIS www ... > exchange server several times a week so the disappearing act of SSL Port ...