Re: Password Change Script Problems

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/01/03

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:52:48 -0800

Does http://support.microsoft.com/?id=251404 affect this?

--
//David
IIS
//
"Jim Mc" <jim.mc@zolx.com> wrote in message
news:n2a4qvs3kdte5kodnoc8i32v7psk3qojuj@4ax.com...
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:10:16 -0800, "David Wang [Msft]"
<someone@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Describe in detail how you've set up the pages, including authentication
>methods enabled and ACLs on the password change files.  Also, are you using
>the .ASP version of the password change scripts?
>
>We're talking about password changing here, which is a privileged operation
>walking a fine-line in security.  Any mistake, and it's over.
I did a little bit more debugging and it appears that the only thing
not working is that the form fields aren't making it to the achg.htr
script.
If in that script I do something like hard coding:
domain = "MYDOMAIN"
username = "myuser"
and
pUser.ChangePassword "somepassword", "somenewpassword"
then the password is changed successfully and the user can then access
the protected web site.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Password Expiry Question
    ... interactive logon. ... You will have to script something or have your users log off more often so they ... > If a user is logged on when the password expires their exchange stops ... Is there any way to get the password change box to ...
  • Re: Password Change Script Problems
    ... >methods enabled and ACLs on the password change files. ... >the .ASP version of the password change scripts? ... If in that script I do something like hard coding: ...
  • Re: SSPI context error
    ... Had to do with the password change on the Admin account ... > How can you troubleshoot a SSPI context error for a script ??? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Force Password Change for Entire Domain
    ... I need to know how I can process a list of user accounts against the following script which will force a password change for all domain users at next logon. ...
  • Re: Change password issue
    ... What error pops up during password change? ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... I have a new machine running Vista business and join to DC ... event in event viewer. ...