DSN connection fails when Basic authentication turned on

From: Drew (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/29/03

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:01:28 -0800

Traced the fault down to using named pipes in the DSN
connection. Changed to TCP/IP and now works.

Drew

the
>DSN connection with the following message:-
>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Client unable to
>establish connection"
>
>When I turn the basic authentication off and turn on
>anonymous it works fine.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>drew
>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: When not to log
    ... >> never get any probes during the 5-20 minutes of collecting mail and news, ... Connection from unprivileged to my 80? ... Is it impossible for a compromised web server to pass client IPs ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Retrieving state information from a middle tier
    ... which I imagine means multiple sets of connection information. ... can store as many Connection Strings, etc. in the Registry that you want. ... > (web server). ... > IISIntrinsics to retrieve Session information (where I store the server/db ...
  • Kerberos timout with IIS6, ASP.Net and SQLServer
    ... We have a traditional ASP.Net 1.1 web site accessing a SQL2000 database ... using delegation and a trusted connection. ... fully authenticated through Kerberos and Integrated ... The connection with the web server works fine, ...
  • Re: D3 Connectivity Demos Download
    ... An XHR goes off to the web server that does its own magic. ... day we get 156kbps and being on one of the highest connection options ... DSL works on a split channel where the download speeds ... I've been deploying Windows apps since the 3.1 days. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: TNS could not resolve the connect identifier
    ... the connectionString in web.config suggests that the provider I ... built-in web server, and the web application works great with this ... connection specification for ASP pages on my IIS server for roughly the ... pages (MYODBC_CONNECTION is an ODBC connection that uses the Oracle ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)