Re: Pro's & Con's...

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k_at_despammed.com)
Date: 10/29/03

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:33:12 -0500

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1a0821559fac48f2989d99@news-server.columbus.rr.com...

> You can purchase a box with Windows 2000 Standard for about $1500 from
> Dell. Think about how much down time and data loss you will have if you
> are compromised because you went the CHEAP way?

Agreed, though there are some organizations [think churches, non-profits,
small home offices, dentists offices, etc.] that may want to share files or
information via HTTP and can't afford $1500. MS Small Business Server is
relatively popular, even though [if I understand correctly] a typical SBS
configuration puts the firewall, email server and domain controller on the
same single server.