Re: External access to HTTP

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 10/28/03

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:51:12 +1100

Well, if IIS is receiving the requests for "outside", then you should see
something in the IIS HTTP logs.

However, if you are receiving the error "cannot find server or DNS error" in
your copy of Internet Explorer, then it means that no HTTP server could be
found at the address/URI specified. This would indicate that your haven't
configured port-forwarding on your router correctly. I'd start by checking
that.

Cheers
Ken

: Yes, I am using the IP address of the external interface,
: which changes due to dynamic IP. I am using dyndns to
: update these changes to argusai.dyndns.org.
:
: For whatever reason, the external interface is not
: forwarding the request to the hidden range, or my IIS
: server is not allowing requests to port 80 from outside.
: It works inside though.
: