External access to HTTP

From: David Martin (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/25/03

Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:50:38 -0700

I set up a simple web page which I can access from inside
the office. I configured my dsl router to direct HTTP
requests to my IIS server. But for some reason, from
outside, I get the message, we "cannot find the web site."
Does IIS have some automatic security feature blocking
requests from the outside?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IIS Warm Up Period
    ... With stable web components, IIS will run ... > Is there a way to tell the IIS to start accepting the requests only after ... >> website, though. ... The load time for those settings is about 3 ...
  • Re: IIS Warm Up Period
    ... With stable web components, IIS will run ... > Is there a way to tell the IIS to start accepting the requests only after ... >> website, though. ... The load time for those settings is about 3 ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: IIS Vulnerability Content-Type overflow
    ... > vulnerability i found that a specially malformed http request to an IIS ... > Webserver can allow a buffer overflow. ... > and requests are not being logged by IIS. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: IIS question
    ... If Vista 'home' and IIS is a no go then it surely begs the question why is the feature even included in the Windows features to install? ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ... The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it. ... The file extension for the requested URL does not have a handler configured to process the request on the Web server. ...
  • Re: Multiple instances of app under IIs and global com object - is it a problem?
    ... beware that storing objects in Session variables ... this multiplicity of Module-level data means that you ... Module-level data is only useful in an IIS context for fixed ... >> requests. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.com)