Re: Can I increase number of authentication attempts before 401.3 error?

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/25/03

Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:45:43 +0800

If I'm not wrong, this is control by client side.
and in this case IE, so I don't think you can
change the number of auth retry times.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Tyler Robbins" <tyler@casecentral.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to increase the number of authentication
> attempts you are allowed to submit before you fail and get
> the 401.3 authentication failed page.
>
> We have a situation where a client is intermittently
> failing authentication to our server. While we are
> investigating the root cause of this, we already have a
> mechanism to retry this authentication request. Sometimes
> the retry works on the 2nd or 3rd attempt, othertimes it
> might take one or two more attempts. If I could increase a
> setting to allow 5 consecutive attempts instead of 3, I
> think that would be sufficient.

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-disclosure] [GOATSE SECURITY] Clench: Goatses way to say "screw you" to certificate author
    ... Application layer authentication-inherent validation of public key ... Goatse Security’s new simple password-based authentication mechanism ... getting hundreds of thousands or millions of users to install a client ... client hashes locally and then sends the hash to the server. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Windows Authentication, Single sign on and Active Directory
    ... service proxy client fails to connect due to authentication failure and then ... Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming" ... The server is always in the domain. ...
  • Re: BASIC authentication Issues with IE - Part II - Solved but WHY?
    ... it does not know the difference between a request from IE or from ... some other HTTP client. ... Some other authentication schemes are more ... IIS can sometimes remember the token for a particular set of credentials so ...
  • Re: Sporadic IAS Authentication problems
    ... * Some times however, a physical reboot of the client laptop is required, ... *The remote access policy in IAS is set to grant access to the group 'Domain ... Proxy-Policy-Name = Use Windows authentication for all users ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: WCF security advice (and clarification) needed
    ... You, the client, resolve the foo.mycompany.com hostname within your ... TCP/IP) with that ticket as the security token. ... There are two parties participating in a security scenario, the server ... HTTP supports other authentication ...