Re: 4 Servers with Same SSL Cert?

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/24/03

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:54:42 +0800

See if this help -
HOW TO: Load Balance a Web Server Farm Using One SSL Certificate in IIS
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313299

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Michael Beaudet" <beauderm@pebio.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting to be at my wits end on this one and thought
> I'd do a shout out to the community to see if I could get
> some help.  We're running IIS v5 on two machines that sit
> behind a load balancer (Cisco Content Switch if you must
> know).
>
> In this scenario any requests that come
> into "www.website.com" get routed to either one of the
> machines.
>
> Each machine is running two IIS listeners, one on port 80
> and another on port 81.
>
> What I would like is for all four listeners (ports 80 and
> 81 and machines 1 and 2) to share the same
> certificate, "www.website.com", as that is the URL being
> requested from the browser.
>
> Is this possible?  If so, how do I enable a second SSL-
> enabled listener on IIS (same machine)?  I also need to
> know how to move the certificates.
>
> In case you haven't guessed by now, I'm not the technical
> one on the project.  Despite that I would appreciate
> technical answers that I can share with my admin.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Relevant Pages

  • IIS and SSL and Versign Certificate problems
    ... You have not mentioned the version of IIS in the migration ... having the correct Intermediate Verisign CA certficate. ... and the type of verisign certificate. ... >other machines to authenticate us for SSL communications. ...
  • Re: IWA not working intermittently when IISes load balanced?
    ... Have you looked in the security event logs on the IIS servers to see why authentication is failing? ... We have two Windows 2003 R2 machines with IIS. ... We use Cisco ACE and have a virtual IP/VIP setup to load balance. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Problem solved!!!
    ... When you install DPM on IIS, it apparently shoves metabase AccessFlags=30215 into every IIS site and Virtual Directory. ... Previous Posts In This Thread: ... Re: HTTP Error 403.2 - Forbidden: Read access is denied. ... on both the http://localhost/ and all remote machines as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • RE: ssl certificate error on public folders
    ... "Finish" to remove the certificate. ... Restart the IIS Admin service in the services mmc. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)