Re: multiple secure websites on a server

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/23/03

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:30:35 +0800

a) SSL doesn't support host header.
so in this case you need different IP or ports
to bind the cert.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Hai Minh" <dhtml79@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Windows2000 server with IIS 5 and I set up 3
> website on it. It's OK with HTTP protocol. Now my manager
> want to use SSL with all 3 sites. I configured the first
> site and it worked well. But when I configured the second
> site, I can not open the first site with HTTPS. It's
> always take me to the second site. And I catched the same
> problem when I configured the third site.
> All three site were configured to work with HTTPS but only
> the last one work. The two other sites are forwarded
> automatically to the third site when I surf them.
>
> I think with HTTP, IIS can allow multiple sites to listen
> on port 80 but with HTTPS, IIS allow only one site listen
> on port 443. Is it right ? Do you have any solution for my
> problem ?
>
> Thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RWW with no https
    ... I do not consider a:8080 a url that is appropriate for a SSL end user connection. ... So just so we are all clear, RWW HAS to go over HTTPS. ... Even if I do https but port 8080 would not matter ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Win2003 Upgrade Broke SSL?
    ... The reason I say that the upgrade did not break SSL is because IIS has no ... problems relating to port 443 being occupied suggests that you did something ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: iis not transferring clients to ssl port
    ... individual ASP pages, inside of IIS metabase at a per-URL level, or inside ... because for all intents and purposes, the "transfer" from HTTP to HTTPS is ... Select the file to require SSL, choose right-click properties, and go to ... he wants the webmasters to be able to secure only the pages they want ...
  • Re: Switching from http to https
    ... the default website with SSL not enabled (using port 443) in the IIS. ... a certificate to the program. ...
  • Re: $PHP_SELF und sessionvariablen
    ... gibt es den nur, wenn SSL/TLS verwendet wird? ... Wenn kein HTTPS, dann gibt es $_SERVERnicht (bis auf auf ... Inwieweit hilft mir das, den Port herauszufinden, um das richtige URI-Schema ... Wert nicht auf "off" steht (nur bei IIS, siehe User Contributed Notes), ...
    (de.comp.lang.php)