Re: multiple secure websites on a server

From: Bernard (
Date: 10/23/03

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:30:35 +0800

a) SSL doesn't support host header.
so in this case you need different IP or ports
to bind the cert.

Bernard Cheah
Please respond to newsgroups only ...
"Hai Minh" <> wrote in message
> I have a Windows2000 server with IIS 5 and I set up 3
> website on it. It's OK with HTTP protocol. Now my manager
> want to use SSL with all 3 sites. I configured the first
> site and it worked well. But when I configured the second
> site, I can not open the first site with HTTPS. It's
> always take me to the second site. And I catched the same
> problem when I configured the third site.
> All three site were configured to work with HTTPS but only
> the last one work. The two other sites are forwarded
> automatically to the third site when I surf them.
> I think with HTTP, IIS can allow multiple sites to listen
> on port 80 but with HTTPS, IIS allow only one site listen
> on port 443. Is it right ? Do you have any solution for my
> problem ?
> Thank you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RWW with no https
    ... I do not consider a:8080 a url that is appropriate for a SSL end user connection. ... So just so we are all clear, RWW HAS to go over HTTPS. ... Even if I do https but port 8080 would not matter ...
  • Re: Win2003 Upgrade Broke SSL?
    ... The reason I say that the upgrade did not break SSL is because IIS has no ... problems relating to port 443 being occupied suggests that you did something ...
  • Re: iis not transferring clients to ssl port
    ... individual ASP pages, inside of IIS metabase at a per-URL level, or inside ... because for all intents and purposes, the "transfer" from HTTP to HTTPS is ... Select the file to require SSL, choose right-click properties, and go to ... he wants the webmasters to be able to secure only the pages they want ...
  • Re: Switching from http to https
    ... the default website with SSL not enabled (using port 443) in the IIS. ... a certificate to the program. ...
  • Re: $PHP_SELF und sessionvariablen
    ... gibt es den nur, wenn SSL/TLS verwendet wird? ... Wenn kein HTTPS, dann gibt es $_SERVERnicht (bis auf auf ... Inwieweit hilft mir das, den Port herauszufinden, um das richtige URI-Schema ... Wert nicht auf "off" steht (nur bei IIS, siehe User Contributed Notes), ...