Authentication by IIS (completed quesn)

From: Vikas (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/15/03

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 04:15:37 -0700

Hi

IIS provides 5 kinds of authentication viz.basic digest
certificate integrated and anonymous.

we have a .net application on the 'intranet' hosted on IIS
5.1 Win 2k server. we have an Active directory for
accounts.

This application will be accessed by
A) Netscape browsers on Linux
B) Netscape Browsers on SCO Unix
C) IE 5.56+ browsers on Linux

I would like to know out of these five authentications
provided which all can we use in the above A , B and C
scenarios.

Thanx in advance

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Authentication by IIS (completed quesn)
    ... >> IIS provides 5 kinds of authentication viz.basic digest ... >> A) Netscape browsers on Linux ... >> B) Netscape Browsers on SCO Unix ... > Tom Kaminski IIS MVP ...
  • Re: Authentication by IIS (completed quesn)
    ... > IIS provides 5 kinds of authentication viz.basic digest ... > A) Netscape browsers on Linux ... > B) Netscape Browsers on SCO Unix ... Tom Kaminski IIS MVP ...
  • Re: HELP PLEASE The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied.
    ... Web Security: Part 2: Introducing the Web Application Manager, Client ... Authentication Options, and Process Isolation ... It introduces the Web Application Manager in IIS that ... logon session, which is dangerous. ...
  • RE: Can no longer access ActiveSync
    ... OMA and Exchange/Exchange-OMA virtual directory. ... Please verify Authentication settings by the following steps. ... Open IIS Manager ... issue may be caused by the Exchange attribute of original user account. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Basic Authentication fails with Error 401.2 where Integrated s
    ... I didn't realise the Web Sites folder in IIS manager threw up a global ... sure that Basic Authentication is allowed to function on your server. ... ACCOUNTNAME, this is the account that I am trying to grant access to: ... Account: COMPUTERNAME\ACCOUNTNAME Access type: FULL ...