Spider and IIS

From: jj (microsoftnewsgroup_at_classicalandflamencoguitars.com)
Date: 10/11/03

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:41:22 -0700

Can anyone tell me why the Microsoft game Spider and IIS
should be trying to connect to the internet. My firewall
lets me know when these programs try to connect. Is this
Microsft being sneaky and subversive (again).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Understanding Firewall-1 Configs
    ... You should not fear of an attack taking down the firewall, ... port 53 to the DNS server port 80 and ... >You are not able to ping the firewall from the Internet. ... >- -on port 80 to public ip address of IIS is NAT's to internal IP address of IIS ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How to enable Analysis Services with IIS on Win 2K
    ... IIS is allowed to access your cubes. ... > "For the outside" means outside of my LAN or through the Internet. ... > inside the Firewall - in my case small Linksys Cable/DSN router, ... > open only and it is pointing to the Web server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: ADSL and SpeedTouch 510
    ... Can you get access to the Internet with the IIS machine? ... configuring the firewall ... > for external Internet users. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Domain Controller and IIS, SQL Server or Exchange?
    ... Is the IIS for internet ... Plus there are issues with IIS on a DC where you have no ... firewall. ... There are 25 users and 30 mail accounts. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Domain Controller and IIS, SQL Server or Exchange?
    ... exposed to the internet not behind a firewall. ... >> kind of traffic, what types of applications, what is the hardware, how ... Plus there are issues with IIS on a DC where you have no ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)