Re: Getting the "Lock" to display for my secure pages

From: Michelle (michelle_at_michelle.com)
Date: 10/10/03

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:14:16 -0500

David & Ken,

Actually I figured out what happened while looking at the site from my
computer at home. Some the paths back to the images my pages used were
still being referenced to my testing/development web server, who's traffic
is not accessible outside our company's fire wall. Once I switched the
image source path to the correct URL everything works correctly now (getting
the lock showing up in the browser).

You hit the nail on the head with that suggestion Ken.

Thanks again for help from the both of you.

"Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> a) Does "step1.aspx" have https:// at the front? (this would be the case
if
> the link was like this:
> click
> but not if you did this:
> click
>
> b) Are all the items on the page (images, javascript source files,
cascading
> style sheets etc) also loaded using a relative URL (ie, no http://
> anywhere)?
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> "Michelle" <michelle@michelle.com> wrote in message
> : I have installed a Thawte server certificate on my IIS 5.5 web server
for
> my
> : site (www.mydomain.com) .
> :
> : I have a folder structure below that is where I want my SSL to be
applied.
> : I clicked on Properties of that folder and went to the Directory
Security
> : tab, pressed the "edit" button under secure communications, and finally
> : checked the box to Require secure channel and use 128 bit encryption.
> :
> : When I view the first page ( sample url location
> : https://www.mydomain.com/folder1/folder2/index.html) I see the lock on
the
> : page, once I push the button from index to got to stepone.aspx (same url
> : structure) I don't see the lock in the corner of the browser.
> :
> : So does that mean even though I am going through the https call I am not
> : using SSL?
> :
> : Sounds confusing I know, just wondering if it is me or something else.
> :
> : Thanks.
> :
> :

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Event Matchmaker updated
    ... > critique without giving constructive feedback. ... all the thumbnail images are full size images ... being resized by the browser. ... - The FAQ pages don't look anything like any FAQ I've ever seen, ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: Struggling to convert this layout into CSS
    ... And if 800px is to be "merely used for testing purposes," then next time say, "imagine I have a site set at 800px, fixed for testing purposes." ... If you wish to test it, then all you have to do is copy and paste and save the images I linked. ... Because I have Firefox set as my default browser, ... In the sample code I gave the background are fixed on either side of the content div, not on either side of the browser window. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: Editing HTML in publisher
    ... Images look like *very* poor gifs though - the did before as well, ... So first of all what browser and which version are you using to view ... have grouped together those design elements. ... Quality Service" which are not in my original publisher file. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Editing HTML in publisher
    ... But it is much harder to get banner images looking correct. ... The compress graphics feature does not work on graphics smaller than 100 kb, ... In the browser go to Help and then About IE or FF ... to the home page even though it is correct on my publisher ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)