Re: Getting the "Lock" to display for my secure pages

From: Michelle (michelle_at_michelle.com)
Date: 10/10/03

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:14:16 -0500

David & Ken,

Actually I figured out what happened while looking at the site from my
computer at home. Some the paths back to the images my pages used were
still being referenced to my testing/development web server, who's traffic
is not accessible outside our company's fire wall. Once I switched the
image source path to the correct URL everything works correctly now (getting
the lock showing up in the browser).

You hit the nail on the head with that suggestion Ken.

Thanks again for help from the both of you.

"Ken Schaefer" <kenREMOVE@THISadOpenStatic.com> wrote in message
> a) Does "step1.aspx" have https:// at the front? (this would be the case
if
> the link was like this:
> click
> but not if you did this:
> click
>
> b) Are all the items on the page (images, javascript source files,
cascading
> style sheets etc) also loaded using a relative URL (ie, no http://
> anywhere)?
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> "Michelle" <michelle@michelle.com> wrote in message
> : I have installed a Thawte server certificate on my IIS 5.5 web server
for
> my
> : site (www.mydomain.com) .
> :
> : I have a folder structure below that is where I want my SSL to be
applied.
> : I clicked on Properties of that folder and went to the Directory
Security