Re: unable to search

From: Ken Schaefer (kenREMOVE_at_THISadOpenStatic.com)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:04:54 +1000

Are you talking about when you use your browser? Seems like you either have
some kind of malware installed (try using Adaware from www.lavasoftusa.com
to detect it), or you have been hit by a new virus doing the rounds, see
description at:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100719.htm

In any case, please try following this up in the IE (Internet Explorer)
newsgroups, as this is a IIS (webserver) security group.

Cheers
Ken

"Michael" <die_mose@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: All search pages are down except fot "almight search"
: which sucks. i have all the security updates and virus
: updates and i have no clue whats wrong. any ideas please
: email me at die_mose@hotmail.com. thanks

Relevant Pages

  • unable to search
    ... All search pages are down except fot "almight search" ... i have all the security updates and virus ... updates and i have no clue whats wrong. ...
  • Re: IE6 hangs when loading page
    ... > I recently installed the WinXP service pack 2 and all IE security updates. ... > Several days later a virus was detected and cleaned. ... > that I noticed that I could no longer load a particular web site that I ... > clean it from my registry files. ...
  • IE6 hangs when loading page
    ... I recently installed the WinXP service pack 2 and all IE security updates. ... Several days later a virus was detected and cleaned. ... that I noticed that I could no longer load a particular web site that I use ... clean it from my registry files. ...
  • Re: microsoft mail septermber 2003 update no virus...what?
    ... The attachment is most likely a virus. ... Microsoft sends security updates but NEVER with attachments. ... Install ALL Critical Updates IMMEDIATELY. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Is this legit?