Re: Virtual Directory security issues.

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:00:12 +0800

Mm... so now is webdav and not ftp.

base on the error msgs, it's related to permission settings.
now - you can try filemon (sysinternals.com) to help you
track down related access issue.

similar concept -
HOWTO: Track "Permission Denied" Errors on DLL Files
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=286198

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"James Mckillop" <mortonarts@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I am running windows 2K advanced server.
> I can only login users that are members of the domain admin group.
> The error in IE6 is "You are not authorized to view this page
> credentials you supplied."
>
> The FTP group has full control with write and read options as well as
browse
> and full control.  There are no groups that are using the denied
permissions
> for anything.
>
> I am not using FTP.  I am using WebDav(virtual directories)
>

> "Bernard" <qbernard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Wow.. you bump into more problems.
> > what do you mean by 'external users' in the ftp group ?
> >
> > next, please answer previous questions so that we can help you better..
> > a) what OS you running ?
> > b) can you login as normal users ?
> > if not what's the error 530 or 550 ?
> > c) check the physical NTFS permission ?
> > not 'web sharing' tab but the 'security' tab.
> > d)post few line of your ftp log here.
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bernard Cheah
> > http://support.microsoft.com/
> > Please respond to newsgroups only ...
> >

> > "James Mckillop" <mortonarts@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > If you right click on the folder and go to properties.
> > > there is a tab called web sharing.  On it it gives you
> > > the IIS security options.  The next tab is the security
> > > tab which gives you the folder security options.  In this
> > > one I have two groups.  One being Domain admin and the
> > > other being FTP.  I have a group called FTP that I put
> > > all of my external users in.  The group FTP has all
> > > permissions except full control.  Read, write, browse and
> > > modify.  BTW,  I nuked my IIS last night and reinstalled
> > > it.  Now my exchange server will not load.  Also I wish
> > > to re patch it through windows update but it sees it as
> > > allready patched.  any sugestions?   I started the
> > > exchange service pack 1 before I went to work and will
> > > check it when I get home.
> > >
> > > James

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Virtual Directory security issues.
    ... not 'web sharing' tab but the 'security' tab. ... d)post few line of your ftp log here. ... The next tab is the security> tab which gives you the folder security options. ... I have a group called FTP that I put> all of my external users in. ...
  • Re: Additional Restrictions - option
    ... you should run filemon on the ftp server. ... >>the 'some other users' have some permission and rights> issue. ... >>> bimoseekin ...
  • RE: FTP Permissions
    ... Since you've mentioned, you've given full permission to "Everyone", I assume ... in the FTP adapter configuration page ... The Everyone group represents everyone known to the Web server (FTP Server ... If I attempt to place a file into another FTP folder in a SendPort, ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: FTP User Isolation Mode Questions
    ... account doesn't have WRITE NTFS permission. ... is it possible to get the FTP service to follow shortcuts used as home ... directories or placed on the root of a physical home directory? ... > I would like to set up anonymous access on my FTP site, however, I do not> wish anonymous users to have upload permission. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: Additional Restrictions - option
    ... The "users" group already have the permission> mentioned in the KB: "Log on Locally" and Access this> computer from the netwrok", and all the user_accounts are> in this group. ... The FTP is configured for both Anonymous> and Windows integrated. ... >>>>Bernard Cheah ... These users' have appropriate NTFS>>>>> permission on their respective FTP folder. ...