Re: Virtual Directory security issues.

From: James Mckillop (mortonarts_at_comcast.net)
Date: 10/03/03

Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 06:45:22 -0700

If you right click on the folder and go to properties.
there is a tab called web sharing. On it it gives you
the IIS security options. The next tab is the security
tab which gives you the folder security options. In this
one I have two groups. One being Domain admin and the
other being FTP. I have a group called FTP that I put
all of my external users in. The group FTP has all
permissions except full control. Read, write, browse and
modify. BTW, I nuked my IIS last night and reinstalled
it. Now my exchange server will not load. Also I wish
to re patch it through windows update but it sees it as
allready patched. any sugestions? I started the
exchange service pack 1 before I went to work and will
check it when I get home.

James

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OWA not working properly.
    ... Open Internet Explorer ... click Internet Options and click settings button in the ... General tab. ... Remove all the files in this folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: New Disk File Problem
    ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ...
  • Re: New Disk File Problem
    ... I am running Windows XP PROFESSIONAL sp2. ... This is not your administrator account, ... >> Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Lost docs still lost
    ... > Security tab, click advanced, go to the Owner tab and ... > wish to set ownership for everything in the folder, ... > the bottom of the Owner tab is the following selection: ... This is not your administrator account, ...
  • Re: No boot and no administrator password!
    ... believe that can make a bootable floppy that can read NTFS, sorry, I don't ... This is not your administrator account, ... >>>>Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the ... >>>>tab, click advanced, go to the Owner tab and select the ...