Re: Log in for asp.net

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/03/03

Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:05:34 -0700

Not really. All you need to do is give aspnet account read access to the
resource -- forms-based authentication will take care of the rest (in your
scenario).

--
//David
IIS
"scoe" <vlzinnerman@nightmareentertainent.net> wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. Do I need to give the aspnet account
a higher level than just user level?

configure ASP.Net to
>also cover those files for you.  The only other choices
included with
>ASP.Net/IIS requires real Windows username/password
(that's how you're
>supposed to use Basic/Windows Authentication -- with real
Windows
>users/passwords).
>
>--
>//David
>IIS
confers no rights.
>//
>"Scoe" <vlzinnerman@nightmareentertainment.net> wrote in
message
>I have two directories, one for people before they log in
>and one for after. The second is protected with windows
>authenticaton andusers need to be able to view the files
>in that directory. I don't want to give the users the
>windows account log in and password to get to that
>directory, so I need the page itself to log in to that
>directory. I'm using asp.net.
>Please help, thanks
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: domain/username login to OWA
    ... Forms-based authentication would depend on the ... To configure Exchange Server 2003 so that users can log on to Outlook Web ... Microsoft Exchange server must be running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 ... It would stand to reason that if Forms-based authentication were enabled ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: ASP.NET, Win2k, SQL 2k on an intranet (w/Kerberos?)
    ... Ah - yes pooling, ... > Impersonation has a big drawback, and this is, that you loose connection ... I would in your case, leave windows authentication, ... Grant ASPNET account logon rights to SQL server and limit ...
  • Re: ASP.NET, Win2k, SQL 2k on an intranet (w/Kerberos?)
    ... Ah - yes pooling, ... > Impersonation has a big drawback, and this is, that you loose connection ... I would in your case, leave windows authentication, ... Grant ASPNET account logon rights to SQL server and limit ...
  • Re: gaining access to a share
    ... The app uses a custom ... suspect this is because the ASPNET account is a local ... You need to understand how delegation works so you can choose which authentication method best suits ...
  • Forms Authentication
    ... i have problem in implementing forms authentication ... where it say to set impersonate account ... if i remove tag error goes away but purpose ... further to this i cannot see ASPNET account on my domain ...