Re: CGI apps break after DCPROMO an IIS6 server

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/03/03

Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:04:22 -0700

You have a 403.19 -- CGI Access Denied -- and Win32 Error 1314 =
ERROR_PRIVILEGE_NOT_HELD

Can you answer my original questions #2 and #3. In particular, what user
are you using for AppPool Identity after DCPROMO and does it have the two
privileges listed in F1-help of IIS Manager UI required to be able to launch
a CGI ?

--
//David
IIS
"dlbrum" <dlbrum@ufl.edu> wrote in message
Yes, I'm finding that there ARE diffs for DC's..
Unfortunately, I have a very small workgroup and must use
hardware for multiple uses.  Well, at least it's not a
file and print server !
The log entry is:
2003-10-02 12:38:52 159.178.62.80 GET /cgi-
bin/calweb/calweb.exe - 80 - 159.178.62.84 Mozilla/4.0+
(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Q312461) 403 19 1314
I'm running in unfiddled IIS6 (not compatibility mode),
and made no special user role changes:  just default
settings.  I found an earlier post that suggested deleting
the IUSR_WWWNEW  account and letting IISADMIN rebuild it,
and did that.
The URL is www.mgm.ufl.edu,  and the entry can be found
under calendars and events as the mgm calendar.
There IS an entry for this .exe in the system manager web
service extensions,  and the folder where it lives
has "scripts and executables" selected.
Thanks for the "lifeline".  I've already used "ask the
audience".
dave
the Web logs
>(%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\LogFiles\W3SVC#\*.log ).  We need
to know what sort
>of 403.
>
>Other than that, can you give info on:
>1. IIS5 Compatibility or IIS6 Worker Process Isolation
Mode.
>2. Predefined user identity or custom user identity for
Application Pools
>3. Did you change W3SVC/CreateProcessAsUser
>
>DC has all sorts of different rules for user identities
and does not work
>well with IIS without a lot of reconfiguration.
>
>--
>//David
>IIS
confers no rights.
>//
>"DLBrum" <DLBrum@ufl.edu> wrote in message
>I have a calendar app that worked fine on a member IIS6
>win2k3 server.
>
>After promoting the server to a DC, the CGI application is
>broken, and giving a 403 "not authorized" message.
>
>There is an app extension for the app, folder security has
>execute, and IIS mgr has the folder set to "scripts and
>executables".... None of that stuff has changed.
>
>Ideas ?
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Opening a Web Project
    ... Go into IIS and create a new virtual directory with the same name as the ... point it to your project folder. ... the same name as original web app name. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: CGI apps break after DCPROMO an IIS6 server
    ... Predefined user identity or custom user identity for ... >I have a calendar app that worked fine on a member IIS6 ... >There is an app extension for the app, folder security has ...
  • Re: Temporary ASP.Net files Access Denied
    ... account has permission to create folders under the temp. ... account, which gives permission to create the folder once, but normal users ... Not able to figure out what the problem was, I deleted the app ... IIS between each step. ...
  • Re: ASP IIS components with IWAM
    ... IUSR is used if the "application isolation" setting on the script or folder ... containing the script is set to "low" in the IIS MMC. ... > I have an ASP app running on xp iis 5.1 which calls a dll ...
  • RE: c1030af7 on SBS2003, after installing ProjectServer 2003 and all u
    ... Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... If no other virtual folders exist in IIS, the best way should be restoring ... In IIS, select Web Sites, and note the "Identifier" for Default Web Site ... | folder insted of the /projectserver folder work anymore. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)