Re: Authentication without anonymous

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/25/03

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:33:47 +0800

This is expected behaviour. because you only
configure authenticaion with no anonymous access.

also in this way, you will be able to 'track' user as
all users from external will be using anonymous a/c.

what you ask is not possible. what you can do is
have two site... one for internal (auth) and one for
external (anonymous)......

but again, why do you need make things so complicated,
and you could just have one site with anonymous both
internally and external

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Pascal Fluck" <pascal.fluck@spiritsoft.ch> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm doing an application ASP and she have her own login. Now I'm working
> do "autologin" for user who are in the same domain (iis authentication).
It
> work fine...
>
> But now, when a user try to launch application from external domain, I
would
> the application login appear without standard IE login (like if iis is in
> anonymous security check).
>
> How to do, because when I try from external system, it alway ask
> authentication before application login.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
>         Pascal

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-Disclosure] Advisory: Dark Age of Camelot - Weak encryption of network traffic exposed persona
    ... Weak encryption in game client exposed customer billing and authentication ... encryption for billing information. ... The login binary has undergone several updates since then. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [PHP] Is this the best way?
    ... Why is Jason schreefing again? ... maybe I should edit my authentication function... ... attempting to login. ... really be either attempting an authentication *or* outputting some ...
    (php.general)
  • Authentication Sharing Across Apps
    ... For my part "B" question that I had (Login App was not returning ... authentication to calling app), I found the solution. ... Basically, in both the Login App and Calling App Web.Config, I did ... authenticated connection with SQL server. ...
  • Re: [PHP] Is this the best way?
    ... Jason Pruim schreef: ... I am attempting to add a little error checking for a very simple login system. ... So maybe I should edit my authentication function... ... really be either attempting an authentication *or* outputting some message ...
    (php.general)
  • Unable to get IP Address from DHCP server - 802.1x authentication
    ... user based VLAN authentication with Windows client as ... Authentication method: MD5-Challenge ... Login locally with the cached profile of user1 ... After entering the Radius server username & password the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)