Re: urlscan - allow some .exe

From: Jonathan Maltz [MS-MVP] (jmaltz_at_mvps.org)
Date: 09/26/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:17:27 -0400

I'm pretty sure it's all or nothing with UrlScan. Sorry :-/

--
--Jonathan Maltz [Microsoft MVP - Windows Server]
http://www.imbored.biz - A Windows Server 2003 visual, step-by-step
"Earl" <townserl@hotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> Can urlscan be configured to allow certain .exe file to
> download?  If not does anyone have any ideas of how we
> can allow .exe with a certain name to be downloaded -
> while blocking all other .exe
>
> Thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Downloading .exe files from an WinXP IIS server.
    ... Just be aware enabling .exe in URLscan removed one of its ... Better to make the URL download a zip. ... > the IIS ...
  • Re: Fail to install VS2008 SP1
    ... Download and install dotnetfx35 before the install. ... This is in fact a VB languaguage newsgroup and not a visual studio newsgroup. ... Created new ExePerformer for Exe item ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Cant download exes from my own site
    ... What Urlscan does is disallow certain file types from being requested (among ... When the .exe was blocked (prior to your editing the ... Even though I have Execute Permissions to None, ... >>>program to download information, documents, etc. ...
  • Re: URLScan allow certain EXE but deny the rest
    ... IIS6 would allow this natively without URLScan a per-URL basis. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... one could download the EXE setup files from my downloads ...
  • Re: urlscan - allow some .exe
    ... With UrlScan I'm pretty sure it's all or nothing:-/ ... Only reply by newsgroup. ... > Can urlscan be configured to allow certain .exe file to ...