Re: Certificate / SSL

From: Viba Fima (support_at_vibafima.com)
Date: 09/25/03

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:30:20 -0500

I remember reading in one of MS technet article - if you install the
certificate with "enable strong encryption", every time the certificate is
in use, the user will be prompted. The article suggests not to enable this
checkbox during the installation of the certificate. The checkbox appears
when you import the certificate.

Tim

"John Hale" <halejr@nospam_azstate.com> wrote in message
> I have a website and require SSL for some of the content.
> I installed a certificate, and each time a user connects,
> the certificate re-maps or has to be accepted each time.
> IS there a way which we can require acceptance only once,
> or can we have ssl without a certificate?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> regards,
>
> John...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Update repeats
    ... You cannot install some updates or programs ... to a Windows component, install a service pack for Windows or for a Windows ... The Microsoft digital signature affirms that software has been tested with ... Publishers certificate store. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: updates after format
    ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: ?Expired Security Certif for MS Update
    ... MBSA should run fine on a new install. ... faith in the downloads I have, that used the expired certificate to get ... At the risk of sounding like an alien abductee, this security invasion ... Microsoft and signed by a CA that your computer trusts I would not worry ...
  • RE: CA and Windows mobile 5.0
    ... certificate or Third party certificate? ... How did you install CA on your mobile device? ... If your Windows SBS Server is running ISA Server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: MObile 5 Configuration - Exchange 2003 SP2
    ... I was hoping I could use the SBS Wizards for setting up activesync on the ... I was hoping I could install the SBS certificate by going to the remote web ... - can you do this in Ie mobile ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)