Re: Require SSL settings slows connection to Web Server

From: Bernard (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/17/03

    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:53:51 +0800

    Do the client machine installed the root cert as well ?

    SSL (https) Connection Slow with One Certificate but Faster with Others
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=295070

    --
    Regards,
    Bernard Cheah
    "Bruce Forbes" <bruce_forbes@oycbre.com> wrote in message

    > This server actually has is the CA so the trusted root is already
    > installed.  The problem isn't using SSL as that works fine.  The problem
    > is when you actually check the box to "Require SSL" (disable HTTP
    > access).  Once you force that everything slows down on the web site.

    • Re: OWA over SSL External Access
      ... SSL (https) Connection Slow with One Certificate but Faster with Others ...
    • Re: Expired cirtificate errors FireFox and IE (Vista 32 bit)
      ... Those would be https web sites (that use SSL to encrypt the connection) ... Have you yet rebooted Windows? ... Even if WU doesn't say you need to reboot after applying some updates, ...
    • Re: RWW with no https
      ... I do not consider a:8080 a url that is appropriate for a SSL end user connection. ... So just so we are all clear, RWW HAS to go over HTTPS. ... Even if I do https but port 8080 would not matter ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: ISA 2006 and SSL
      ... same user can access the site in question by creating an SSL-Tunnel and is ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... | Subject: RE: ISA 2006 and SSL ... | | rule to allow HTTPS to local host, instead of all http and https ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)
    • Re: Cannot Access Includes Above Current Directory if using SSL
      ... I'm new to your list and configuring Apache with the SSL module enabled ... similar nested levels in directory tree but not SSL). ... within the https directory tree. ... The SSI is mostly for testing trying to figure out why my PHP scripts ...
      (php.general)