RE: auto install root ca certificate

From: David Dietz [MS] (ddietz_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/15/03

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:06:18 GMT

Bjarne,

This is as close to automatic installation as security prohibitions allow:

297681 Error Message: This Security Certificate Was Issued by a Company that
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=297681

Hope this helps.

David Dietz -- IIS Support Professional
Search our online Knowledge Base
http://support.microsoft.com/support/

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. © 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved

--------------------
|>From: "Bjarne Nilsson" <bjarne@holmedal.net>
|>Sender: "Bjarne Nilsson" <bjarne@holmedal.net>
|>Subject: auto install root ca certificate
|>Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:16:16 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security
|>
|>I recently set up a enterprise root ca witch will be
|>mainly used to issue certificares to secure a numoer of
|>sies hosed from iis, but i cannot find the methode to get
|>the root ca cetificarte installed on the client, can this
|>be one automaticaly?

Relevant Pages

  • Signing drivers with signtool for XP 64-bit -- suppressing the war
    ... Ineed to suppress the unsigned driver installation dialog for an automation ... article "Driver signing policy is automatically elevated for unsigned ... I need to sign our drivers for unattended installation via ... Signing Certificate Chain: ...
  • Re: DIFx Framework - HOWTO
    ... The certificate was not installed on the machine, that's s why I did exactly ... The test certificate is obtained through the commands: ... I've successfully created the unsinged cat file using: ... >> installation through DIFx framework but have some troubles with it. ...
  • Re: client installation error
    ... The certificate is TRUST_E_TIME_STAMP however I do not think that will help. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... the installation stop at this error "Error 0x80096005: ... >> Jeff Harbaugh [MSFT] ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: recovering files encrypted using EFS
    ... > same name and password as the old WinXP installation, ... > intact backup of the old harddisk on COMP2, ... > didn't export the EFS certificate, ... I could of course restore ...
  • Re: Dear "Well Known National Alarm Company":
    ... I believe it 's only until recent years that a dedicated circuit is required for the communicator. ... certificate was issued in 2006 and should be valid until 2011. ... The first "inspection" was signed off one month after installation. ... ULC requires that you monitor the supervisory output. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)