Re: another IIS Authentication

From: Tom Kaminski [MVP] ((A_at_T))
Date: 09/15/03

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:16:58 -0400

"Brad" <blvan@NO.SPAM.bbg.com> wrote in message
news:0a0001c37b9c$dadd32b0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> I have a IIS server that is NOT on our corporate domain.
> I have half the users on workstations logging in to the
> domain, the other half logging in to thier computers
> locally (outside of the domain). ALL users have a domain
> userId. SOME users connect to the IIS server through
> various shares (it doubles as a file server). All users
> should be using IE 5+.
> I have IIS set to NO anonymous/Windows Integrated
> directory security. Bear in mind that within the next 6
> months we expect to have ALL users (just the users)
> logging in to the domain rather then thier local PC's.
> I ALWAYS want to request the userId and pwd and
> authenticate against the DOMAIN(remember IIS server not on
> domain).
>
> But it only tries to authenticate against the IIS
> server, NOT the domain, regardless of what I put in the
> pop-up for domain.
> So how do I authenticate against the DOMAIN only?

If the server is not on your corporate domain then you can't authenticate
against the corporate domain.

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

  • Re: NT AuthorizationAnonyomous logon error
    ... SQL BI Product Unit ... What I am doing now is creating a CAB file coping to the IIS ... >>> I have a SQL box and a IIS server. ... >>> Server and have place several cube that I wish client to access via a ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: IIS - SMTP - CDONTS
    ... > Hi Alan, ... Are all the messages queued in the IIS? ... I then checked the recipient's e-mail account and it did receive the ... > |> after you reinstall the IIS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Windows authentication query
    ... Yes, ideally setting the SPN should be fine, but it did not work. ... > install IIS, only the NetBIOS name of the IIS server is registered with ... > FQDN) with the KDC. ... IIS server in the list of sites that would be available in the intranet. ...
  • Re: Firewall & DMZ
    ... The IIS server not knowing that the internal network exists is not entirely ... the IIS in the DMZ should be connected to the internal network ...
  • Re: Database logging with IIS 7.0
    ... I'm happy to report I was able to get ODBC logging to work but made the ... same error continues to be generated in the system log when I restart IIS ... run cliconfg.exe and enable TCP/IP and Named Pipes if not already. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)