HELP! enable iis using ssl to run exe's

From: RL (rlum_at_adelphia.net)
Date: 08/27/03

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:43:49 -0700

i have iis 5.0 running under ssl and need to configure an
exe to run for a certain web site.

I can do this by right clicking on the site choosing
properties and clicking configurations to add the exe
mapping ( which is installed in c:\inetpub\).

Then I click ok and select execute permissions: scripts
and executables.

this works no problem on a non-ssl machine. when ssl is
on i get the following error when trying to add the app
mapping 'You Must Enter A Valid File Path'. Please advise.

thanks in advance
-RL

Relevant Pages

  • RE: configuring ssl certificate in multiple website
    ... We can perform follow steps to configure one SSL web site: ... Prepare certificate for this SSL web site ... IIS SSL Configuration Component ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OMA not implemented issue
    ... Both are secured with SSL. ... /Exchange virtual directory and I can log in to the OMA now. ... Why did you create another 'Web site identifier'? ... necessary when using front-end servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • RE: SSL Publishing to WEB Server and Disable Binding
    ... To answer your concern, you can feel to publish this SSL web site, and the ... Socket pooling causes Internet Information Services ... pooling won't impact the default web site on the SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Publish SSL Web Server behind SBS2003
    ... > How to configure a certificate for use with a Web publishing rule in ISA ... > Server 2004 ... > RWW/OWA for SSL encryption. ... Right click the SSL Web Site and click Properties. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SharePoint 3.0 - making it accessible to user from the outside
    ... If the organization is not using SSL on that server for any other web site, ... making a SharePoint web site accessible to the outside is very doable. ...