Re: IIS Security

From: Jeff Cochran (jcochran.nospam_at_naplesgov.com)
Date: 08/15/03

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:03:40 GMT

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:50:24 -0700, "Eric" <eric.mullen@eurorscg.com>
wrote:

>Our web server was running as a Domain Controller, it was
>demoted to a standard server and the IIS stopped working,
>the server is running, and it is accessable via the
>internet, but when I try to hit the web page, I get "You
>are not authorized to view this page"
>
>I have ensure the IUSER account has access to the INetpub
>directory and have ensure the secuitry setting for the web
>site allows anonymous connections.

The obvious possibility is that on a DC the IUSR account is a domain
account, where normally it is a local account. Have you tried using
synciwam.vbs to resynch the accounts?

Jeff

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SBS 2008 - SQL sa password
    ... the sa account from your admin login. ... I want to install Bit Defender server and use the default installation of ... SQL instead of loading SQL Express. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Send as Outlook/Exchange 2003
    ... I have three domains on our 2003 Standard server defined, under a Recipient Policy. ... .com and .net domain email addresses assigned to accounts as I create them. ... I dont think I need to set any SendAs permissions, as its the same NT user account. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • outlook2000 modprof - how to create multiple internet mail services
    ... I've got a prf (internet mail) that modprof will append to a existing ... account, modprof will delete the whole profile - is there a way to ... Specifies the name of the POP3 server used for incoming messages. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Bare min. install with problems - Email, VPN
    ... > pull their email through the Exchange server. ... All they need is to connect to the Internet, ... > account for their internet access when in Europe and Asia. ... >>> through their local ISP account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Bare min. install with problems - Email, VPN
    ... Exchange server. ... original post) but use their local ISP for internet access to the office. ... >> their local ISP account. ... > I'd also ditch the POP connector and host the mail directly on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)