Integrated Authentication

From: Kevin Jackson (kjackson_at_powerwayinc.com)
Date: 08/06/03

    Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:52:50 -0500

    I'm using a third party upload component called ASPUpload to upload files
    with IIS 6.0.

    I've turned anonymous access off.

    Using Integrated Authentication or Basic Authentication, I can upload a file
    and save it to the local hard drive.

    Now I want to save the file from the ASP page to a share point.

    >From a browser logged in as a user that has access to this share point I use
    basic authentication and login and the file is saved to the share point.
    The ASP ran in the context of the user I typed in which is the user the
    machine is logged into anyway.

    If I switch to Integrated Authentication, the browser doesn't prompt me for
    username and password as one would expect but I get a 500 back when
    ASPUpload attempts to write to the share point (UNC form)

    If I change the path back to a local drive, the file is copied.

    I'm within an intranet and I would assume my credentials would be
    transmitted.

    Why does this work with basic but not Integrated? Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Kevin Jackson

    • Re: IIS 6 Unable to use Integrated (NTFS) Authentication
      ... Can you give the log entries for the 401 errors. ... know the sub-status codes for the 401 errors. ... Integrated Authentication is not delegatable so will fail with 401 on those ... Visual Studio cannot debug a website that runs Basic authentication? ...
    • Re: Exchange 2000 and .NET
      ... If your using the samples from the SDK they are setup to use NTLM ... (Integrated Authentication) ... If your using basic authentication over SSL you'd need to change NTLM to ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange2000.development)
    • Re: Password is cancelled
      ... If you're not on the local network, I would highly recommend that you use ... basic authentication over SSL. ... having to move to basic over SSL. ...