SSL Installed but NOT encrypting

From: Angel (angelohl_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/05/03

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 11:11:39 -0700

I have installed (from backup) a cert, the directory has the NTFS
permissions and the website is serving up pages fine. The verisign
certificate is valid. On the sites properties, it's configured to use the
certificate and I can View the certificates information - which tells me
it's installed properly. Yet, simply trying to go secure and view any page
on the site via SSL (https), it fails with "The page cannot be displayed",
take off the "S" and the pages display fine. I haven't checked any virtuals
to require secure channel yet - wanted to make sure it's working first. Does
anyone have any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Reversed issuer name returned by X509Certificate.GetIssuerName()
    ... > The order of CN Name in MMC display and WSE Certificate is exactly reverse. ... >> FCL and WSE) is in reverse order from what is displayed in the> Certificates ... I have a certificate with the>> following Issuer's Name from the Certificates MMC: ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Reversed issuer name returned by X509Certificate.GetIssuerName()
    ... > The order of CN Name in MMC display and WSE Certificate is exactly reverse. ... >> FCL and WSE) is in reverse order from what is displayed in the> Certificates ... I have a certificate with the>> following Issuer's Name from the Certificates MMC: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Newbie: Getting my head around Certificates
    ... I'm very new with the security apis of windows, so please be aware of that ... My goal is to essentially display the same certificate dialog that is shown ... operating systems (possibly even Windows 95). ... .Display() method of the ICertificate2 interface. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: Get certificate from running instance of Internet Explorer
    ... > Is there a way to get the certificate of a seucre web page that is ... > currently being displayed by a running instance of Internet Explorer? ... > detailed information on the server's certificate (e.g., Issuer, Valid ... To display that certificate dialog box, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.webbrowser_ctl)
  • How can I display a certificate using CAPI in WIN98/WIN2000 Pro?
    ... HINSTANCE hinstLib; ... I am programming a ActiveX control which will be used in Microsoft Word application to display a certificate. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)