Re: Strange 401.1 Errors

From: Michael Laing [MSFT] (mlaing_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/31/03

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:23:17 GMT

Hi Mark,

In this scenario, the user has not yet been authenticated into IIS, so it
would be good to check the Security Policies for the affected users.

As outlined in the article
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271071), make sure
the users have Log on Locally, Log on as Batch Job, and Access This
Computer from the Network policies. If these are domain users, make sure
the policies are set both locally AND effectively on the IIS server for
these users.

Thanks,

Michael Laing
Microsoft Developer Support
Internet Information Server

***********************
>>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is an online
account name for newsgroup participation only.<<

You assume all risk for your use.
2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
***********************
--------------------
| From: Mark Greenway <netadmin@liginsurance.com>
| Subject: Re: Strange 401.1 Errors
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security
| Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:43:45 -0700
|

| They seem to be set up with the same rights as the other users. However,
| If i do remove basic authentication it still forces people to input
| password. I can never get in without typing the password, that would
| however be an optimal situation.
|

| Thanks
| Mark
| LIG
|
| *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
| Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Overwritten ADM files - recovery?
    ... Vista box and explored GPOs with it. ... I am now _only_ accessing from DC, but still I cannot get the policies to ... ADMs are not keeping ANY setting. ... Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: OT: Insurance rant.
    ... Mark wrote: ... policies cover a lot less that you may expect. ... As I discovered after 'hit and run' damage to my car. ... I've had help from a good insurance company, ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • =?Utf-8?Q?Re:_lokal_erstellte_Gruppenricht?= =?Utf-8?Q?linien_manuell_auf_PCs_=C3=BCbertrage
    ... WXP und Office2003 Group Policies komplett durchgeackert. ... > Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server ... Prev by Date: ... Next by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.gruppen.richtlinien)
  • Re: OT: Insurance rant.
    ... Mark wrote: ... policies cover a lot less that you may expect. ... My experience of even a high priced policy is they don't do any 'legwork' ... this does much except to pay legal fees if you have to go to court. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_lokal_erstellte_Gruppenrichtlinien_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?manuell_au
    ... > einen anderen PC übertragen Die Policies ziehen nicht. ... Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server ... Prev by Date: ... Next by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.gruppen.richtlinien)