Trying to Get SSL and IIS to work using Microsoft CA

From: Keven (kdenton_at_xpsysetems.com)
Date: 07/30/03

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:24:56 -0700

Please help me to get SSL to work on a standalone PC (Non
Domain). I created a web page using CGI that does file
upload. I wanted to make this secure so that names and
passwords are not sent in the clear.

I installed Certificate server locally on the box.

I went into IIS and said use this certificate.

Now when I try and apply SSL I get a error page can't be
displayed. I tried Q298805 and Q290391 and Q292296 If I
go to the server/CertSRV and request a certificate I get

Error

Your request failed. An error occurred while the server
was processing your request.

Contact your administrator for further assistance

Thanks Keven

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SSL MITM not on port 443
    ... Have you ever done what you're trying to do on a "normal" SSL web ... My recommendation would be to set up a web server in your lab ... hopes that the client will accept that certificate. ... SSL MITM not on port 443 ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: OWA 2003 w/ Smart Card Authentication.
    ... Exchange 2003 server via ActivSync. ... the IIS certificate. ... Whether or not authentication will succeed is completely dictated by ... Server's SSL certificate must be configured on root of v-server via ...
  • Re: OWA 2003 w/ Smart Card Authentication.
    ... Exchange 2003 server via ActivSync. ... the IIS certificate. ... Whether or not authentication will succeed is completely dictated by ... Server's SSL certificate must be configured on root of v-server via ...
  • Re: "Could not connect to server" error when accessing Outlook 200
    ... Perhaps when you connect via RDP, you have to use SSL. ... The server you are connected to is using a security certificate ... A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is ... Settings on the Advanced tab. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Publish SSL Web Server behind SBS2003
    ... > How to configure a certificate for use with a Web publishing rule in ISA ... > Server 2004 ... > RWW/OWA for SSL encryption. ... Right click the SSL Web Site and click Properties. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)