Re: Importing a certificate?

From: chrisad (
Date: 07/14/03

Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:27:20 -0700

Hey ~

If this is still a problem, I would recommend downloading SSL Diagnostics
1.0 from the following URL -

This should hopefully find faulty problems with your certificate, etc.

~Chris (MSFT)
IIS Supportability Lead
Provided As-Is.
"Bernard" <> wrote in message
> If you wish to deploy OWA with SSL,
> just configure the cert in the IIS - OWA server,
> you can skip the client part.
> Do you configure the cert is IIS correctly ?
> and try the following:
> PRB: Error "Page Cannot Be Displayed" When You Connect Through HTTPS
> HOW TO: Determine If SSL Connectivity Is Not Working on the Web Server or
> an Intermediate Device
> "Cannot find server" or "DNS" Errors When Using SSL (Q & A)
> at command prompt, enter
> "netstat -an", see anything binding on port 443 ?
> anything in event log ?
> --
> Regards,
> Bernard Cheah
> Please respond to newsgroups only ...
> "Will" <> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to get OWA to work over SSL. I set up a CA,
> > then issued and installed a certificate on the exchange
> > server. I also installed a certificate on my workstation.
> > When I try to hit OWA using https://, I get the
> > standard "page cannot be displayed" message. I've tried
> > many things, but so far no luck. Any help would be
> > appreciated

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OWA published in ISA (SBS 2000)
    ... You don't have to be hosting a public website (other than OWA). ... access a website using SSL, your browser checks the SSL certificate for 3 ... 1) the name on the certificate matches the name of the website. ... SSL certificate on a site was not issued by a trusted publisher, ...
  • Re: OWA using SSL
    ... As far configuring the OWA on SSL in SBS 2000 in concerned you will need to ... buy a SSL certificate from trusted root authority or install the CA on your ...
  • Re: ActiveSync with Exchange over SSL
    ... The error you describe probably means the root cert or intermediate certs are not installed. ... I am able to connect to both OWA and OMA (both require SSL) through IE on the Axim - no problems. ... We are using the out-of-the-box setup with a QuickSSL certificate from GeoTrust. ...
  • Re: OWA Help Needed
    ... When I try to access OWA by ip address on the ... info the the certificate. ... what is the public name you used to regsiter for the SSL? ... I installed the certificate and feel semi confident I ...
  • Re: Best Source for SSL Certificates
    ... > and ISP's webmail to SMTP and OWA. ... > Looks like I will need to set up an SSL Certificate. ... I saw Comodo had Instant SSL for $39/year. ... install the cert on thier workstations and avoid all the errors. ...