IIS Directory Security

From: FAS (frank_at_wpro.who.int)
Date: 07/12/03

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:21:16 +0800

Any idea how to let IIS check the IP Address list first, and if access is
denied, the user is prompted with a username and password? If the visitor's
IP Address is included in the allowed list, then the visitor is granted
access to the site. But if the IP Address is not in the list, then a basic
clear/text authentication is presented to the user.

Relevant Pages

  • Interdev auth. with IIS under WinXP Pro
    ... Username: Administrator ... I cannot pass this authentication window ... ... Username: LOCAL1\Administrator Password: pwd ... Properties of IIS for Authentication on "default web" are: ...
  • Re: How to perform OWA-like authentication...?
    ... > If my assumptions are correct, a properly deployed external OWA site uses> the equivalent of IIS 'Basic' authentication over SSL. ... Username and> Password are transmitted in cleartext to the server, encrypted by the> overarching SSL cert. ...
  • Re: How to perform OWA-like authentication...?
    ... >>> I am trying to replicate the authentication method used by OWA in IIS 6. ... >>> username along with my AD password to log-in. ...
  • How to perform OWA-like authentication...?
    ... I am trying to replicate the authentication method used by OWA in IIS 6. ... username along with my AD password to log-in. ...
  • Re: Struggling to get windows UserName into an ASP variable
    ... He can in fact use that code to force authentication. ... The problem in this case is that he's not using the variable "Username" ... Tom Kaminski IIS MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)