Re: 2000 Server w/IIS 5.0 on NT 4.0 domain

From: Tom Kaminski [MVP] ((A_at_T))
Date: 07/08/03

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:22:24 -0400

"Eveyrtt" <everyttrn@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
news:00d001c3457b$63afdeb0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to set a a web site on 2000 sever with IIS 5.0
> to NT 4.0 domain and use the user manager to authenticate
> the user is it possible to do this or will it bring my
> network down. Thanks

Yes it's possible.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/

Microsoft Internet Information Server
     Administration
         Server Administration
             Security
                 Authentication
                 Access Control

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/standard/gs_authentication.asp

HOW TO: Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310344
HOW TO: Configure User and Group Access on an Intranet in Windows 2000 or
Windows NT 4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325358
HOW TO: Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324274

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

  • Re: Security on .htm files not working...?
    ... > Okay, here's the deal, I want to have departmental intranet sites. ... IIS and IE so it will not prompt users. ... Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000 ... Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003 ...
  • Re: Domain Authentication
    ... Microsoft Internet Information Server ... Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000 ... Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003 ...
  • Re: create the username/password authentication dialog problem
    ... > I want to add security in ASP application. ... IIS 5 Documentation ... Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000 ... Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003 ...
  • Re: create the username/password authentication dialog problem
    ... > I want to add security in ASP application. ... IIS 5 Documentation ... Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000 ... Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: create the username/password authentication dialog problem
    ... > I want to add security in ASP application. ... IIS 5 Documentation ... Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000 ... Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)