Re: Pop-up ads thru Messenger

From: Karl Levinson [x y] mvp (levinson_k_at_despammed.com)
Date: 07/01/03

Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:18:52 -0400

Here is some more information and some free firewalls you might consider:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#firewall
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#pop-ups
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#harden [if increasing your security is
important to you]

"Cal" <carnold46@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have Windows XP home and get my email using high speed
> cable and Outlook 6. I am getting well over 100 ads a
> day via Messenger. Can I just disable Messenger to stop
> this problem?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how does world of warcraft work ?
    ... Free firewalls may make several windows ... security issues not work properly ... It takes real courage to go visit a site like that. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Messenger re-enables itself
    ... To Disable Messenger MSN from running go to the start menu and select RUN. ... Now create a new key by selecting Edit from the main menu bar. ... Now restart Windows XP and you will have successfully Disabled Messenger ... If the registry key is not there, you can simply create one by going ...
  • Re: popups from Internet explorer...wnen browser isnt even on.
    ... Disabling Messenger Service in Windows XP ... Disable Messenger in Outlook Express ... Enable or Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Messenger Service
    ... > go to WINDOWS UPDATE and download all of the critical updates. ... > disable messenger because if you are getting those popups it means youve ... > get rid of the pop ups I should download a new product. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Messenger popup