Re: Change IIS Authentication Order

From: Paul Lynch (paul_lynch67_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/25/03

Date: 25 Jun 2003 12:08:59 -0700

This behaviour, as they say, is by design :

INFO: How IIS Authenticates Browser Clients
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264921

Regards,

Paul Lynch
MCSE

k3ithtaylor@yahoo.com (Keith Taylor) wrote in message news:<a68b8f6b.0306240825.4a148c2f@posting.google.com>...
> I'm interested in changing the authentication order on my IIS 5
> installation. I need it to first try Windows Integrated
> Authentication, then anonymous. This order may seem bizarre but it's
> needed to some pass through auth to a third party LDAP. If the user's
> browser does not provide a valid username/password/domain, the
> anonymous access will lead them to an authentication form directly to
> LDAP.
>
> Is it possible to change the order? The GUI allows you to use both
> anon and windows integrated but if anon is selected in doesn't attempt
> windows integrated assuming anon has access to the resource.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: User NT Authentication
    ... >authentication method. ... How IIS Authenticates Browser Clients ... >> force the user to get a NT Challenge Response prompt, ...
  • Re: IIS Basic + Integrated Authentication slow
    ... > Anonymous, Windows Integrated, and then Basic authentication. ... How IIS Authenticates Browser Clients ... Security> Enable Integrated Windows Authentication " ...
  • RE: Save IE password thorugh group policy
    ... that web site, this remote cookie will pickup the password so that the users ... You can configure IIS to Anonymous access or Digest ... Configure Authentication in IIS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: User ASPNET in SQL Server 2000
    ... When you hit a web application that has anonymous access, ... While I love integrated security in SQL Server, it is often a pain in web ... maintenance of accounts with access. ... >>> authentication", and has the same users as in Win 2000 ...
  • Re: My boss....
    ... Click the Edit button under Authentication and access control, ... properties, Web site tab, Advanced button) ... Exchange virtual directory, clear the anonymous access box, clear Integrated ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)