Re: secured webmail

From: Barry Randall (barry_at_barryrandall.com)
Date: 06/25/03

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:10:45 -0700

In the IIS Management console, open properties window for
the web site you wish to modify, click on
the "Advanced..." button. This option is only available
if an SSL certificate is installed on that machine, so you
might break an existing application by changing the SSL
port.
I can nowhere find
>where to change the port in nodes Deafault Web site or
Administration
>Website.
>

>"Bernard" <qbernard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This is IIS file.
>> Do you need web server ? if not you can just
>> uninstall it, - add / remove windows components
>>
>> or you can try, enter this at command prompt.
>> 'net stop iisadmin /y'
>> this will stop all related program.
>>
>> or if you are using https with IIS, change
>> the port to 444 or etc - use IIS MMC.
>> start - administrator tools - IIS.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bernard Cheah
>> http://support.microsoft.com/
>> Please respond to newsgroups only ...
>>

>> "Ton Kraanen" <t.kraanen@chello.nl> wrote in message
>> > Thank you for the reply.
>> > I checked it and and inetinfo.exe is running on that
port. Do you know
>how
>> > to stop this service? I couldn't find it in Services
and in Internet

$122.35371267@amsnews02.chello.com...
> [...]
secured webmail (https),
>> but
by what program.
>How
>> > do
port 443 for secured
blocks that port.

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Authentication Problems
    ... though you will either need to use host headers ... need to use different port numbers for the SSL parts of each web site. ... www.iisfaq.com is a great resource for most common IIS questions. ...
  • RE: Sharepoint Central Administration (Stopped)
    ... sharepoint central administration web site and receive an error message. ... line to see if another process is using port 80 or port 443 or 8081. ... registry subkey on the computer that is running IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Sharepoint Central Administration (Stopped)
    ... sharepoint central administration web site and receive an error message. ... line to see if another process is using port 80 or port 443 or 8081. ... registry subkey on the computer that is running IIS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: WWW Server(WXP Pro) -- Error on Default Web Sites
    ... Please try changing the site to use another port ... Start a Web Site ... I get "unable to start debugging on the web server. ... I have uninstalled and reinstalled IIS to no effect. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: Creating a server based web on a local server
    ... don't forget that your ISP might block port 80 so nobody outside will be ... in website property in MMC. ... > do is create a web site on the server so can make full use of the front ... IIS ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)