Re: IIS6 always asking for username and password

From: BB (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/16/03

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:07:51 +0800

are you using anonymous access ?
how do you access it ? fqdn, ip ??

check out the iis log files for more clues.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Ahmed" <ahmed@cuic.ca> wrote in message
> I have a subweb in my inetpub/wwwroot directory where an application is
> stored and it is always asking for the user/pass when going to every page
> but when i press cancel it displays the page properly. Why is it even
asking
> for a user/pass and how can i disable this?
>
> Ahmed

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Strange password behavior with Linux
    ... > a UNC share, ... > Files on a file server A normal connection from the windows server, ... > fileserver together with appropriate user/pass. ... > allow Anonymous access and entering a user/pass for this. ...
  • Re: Strange password behavior with Linux
    ... >> a UNC share, ... >> Files on a file server A normal connection from the windows server, ... >> fileserver together with appropriate user/pass. ... >> allow Anonymous access and entering a user/pass for this. ...
  • Re: Strange password behavior with Linux
    ... > a UNC share, ... > Files on a file server A normal connection from the windows server, ... > fileserver together with appropriate user/pass. ... > allow Anonymous access and entering a user/pass for this. ...
  • Re: IUSR & IWAM account
    ... "newbie" wrote in message ... >> Bernard Cheah ... >>> account ... >>> the authenication methods for IIS5.0 to anonymous access. ...
  • Re: IUSR & IWAM account
    ... "newbie" wrote in message ... >> Bernard Cheah ... >>> account ... >>> the authenication methods for IIS5.0 to anonymous access. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)