Re: IIS - Unable to manage remotely via MMC after Lockdown tool

From: frank gallagher (
Date: 06/06/03

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:04:39 -0700

I have LOCAL ADMIN, and DOMAIN ADMIN in the domina the
server is a member of. When trying to establish the
connection in the remote MMC I am prompted for a username
and a password. I've tried my user account, the local
admin account for the server in question, and the overall
domain admin account all with no luck.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) Permissions Issues?
    ... under the domain admin account, chose to run the tasks whether or not ... 2000 and Windows 2003 Server. ... when I'm logged off the console. ...
  • Re: Domain Admins Not Fully In Local Administrators
    ... ONLY REQUIRED ON THIS NEW SERVER WITH WINDOWS 2003! ... Windows 2003 domain controllers ... Domain Admin can login into the server "A" ... Domain Admin group is listed in local Administrators group ...
  • Re: Server Security
    ... In my opinion you want accountability for administrators and each administrator ... "The" administrator account should not be used and given a very long ... make sure that if there is sensitive information on that server, ... > name with domain admin rights on each. ...
  • Re: Exchange 2000 containers (Fields) not showing up in active directory!!
    ... Don't need to log on with a domain admin ID. ... exchange should be done, there is a chapter in the up and coming Windows Server ... Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ... >>be managing users directly from domain controllers, ...
  • Re: How can I prevent a TS user from TS or RDP to another server?
    ... And why do they need to be a Domain Admin in order to ... on the one server, then you can use standard methods of the ... to control where that domain user account may be used. ... I just want them to be able to TS or RDP to this box only and if they ...