Re: Lockdown tool disables 500-100 asp errors

From: David Wang [Msft] (someone_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/03/03

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:41:36 -0700

I think that lockdown disables that source of information disclosure (on
error, should not disclose such details), but I will verify.

--
//David
//
"Simon" <smackey@bne.catholic.edu.au> wrote in message
Hi,
 I've applied the lockdown tool on one of our servers
using the 'dynamic website' template.  Now I cant see the
technical information part of any errors that cause 500-
100 to generate.  When I go into custom errors for my site
it still appears to be enabled.  How do I get this back?
Unistalling the lockdown tool fixes the problem, so it is
definately a result of the lockdown - plus the doco didnt
say it would disable this behaviour in the first place....
Simon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Lockdown tool disables 500-100 asp errors
    ... static string -- which discloses no information and run no ASP -- the most ... I think that lockdown disables that source of information disclosure (on ... Unistalling the lockdown tool fixes the problem, ...
  • Re: New IIS Lockdown tool from Microsoft
    ... New IIS Lockdown tool from Microsoft ... metabase, and the metabase necessarily changes as the sites and features on ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Problems with IIS Lockdown Tool
    ... I run IIS lockdown on few hundreds box. ... > Lockdown tool does not restore removed services. ... >>warned me that it would uninstall the settings ...
  • Re: IIS Lock Down Tool
    ... lockdown or urlscan once I have applied it... ... I BOLD THIS FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW, URLSCAN IS DIVORCED FROM THE ... LOCKDOWN TOOL. ... THEY ARE STILL RECOMMENDED ON ALL IIS SERVERS PRIOR TO IIS ...
  • Auto deploy from W2K machine w/IIS Lockdown applied
    ... machine w/the IIS Lockdown applied. ... when I try to get the exe. ... Does the lockdown tool somehow prevent ... w/what the lockdown tool does behind the scenes. ...