Re: Command line util to change anon username

From: Shiva (sivamoorty_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/28/03

Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 06:13:59 -0700

Thanks. Where do I get them?

The purpose: Set the username/priv from a central machine
on many machines after installation.

w3svc/anonymoususerpass "password"

>why you want to do this ?? admin privileges via web ??
>--
>Regards,
>Bernard Cheah
>http://support.microsoft.com/
>

>"Shiva" <sivamoorty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> My basic intention is to manage the accounts from
command
>> line.
>> The minimum I would like to do is to change IUSR_ to
>> Machine Administrator.
>>
>> Operating env: W2K, IIS5.0
>> Thanks.
>> Shiva
anonymous
>> user account in
>> >the NT user database?
>> >
>> >It is unclear which of the above you wish to
accomplish.

>> >Cheers
>> >Ken
>> >
>> >--
>> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> >"Shiva" <sivamoorty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >: I am looking for a command line utility to change the
>> >: username in the anonymous user account.
>> >:
>> >: Thanks in advance.
>> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> >

>> >.
>> >

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RWW: version=1 msgtype=status status=-3 message=Password Inco
    ... For the record, I am using the FQDN for the webcertificate -- and I did make the change you suggested in your first post to use the IP address, but that resulted in the same error message first reported. ... most websites use this accont as they are by default set for anonymous user access. ... I mentioned the IUSR account as it may be that it is at this point that there may be an issue -- because it is prior to being prompted for a user account. ... I'm mentioning the anonymous user account because I'm grasping at straws. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: RWW: version=1 msgtype=status status=-3 message=Password Inco
    ... resulted in the same error message first reported. ... I'm mentioning the anonymous user account because I'm ...
    ... > "Shiva" wrote in message ... >>>This tell you the current anonymous user ... >>>Bernard Cheah ... >>>> anonymous user account ...
  • Re: Command line util to change anon username
    ... This tell you the current anonymous user ... cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set w3svc/anonymoususerpass "password" ... > My basic intention is to manage the accounts from command ... > anonymous user account ...
  • Re: IIS FTP account 10 ppls connection problems
    ... All of the dial-up user also anonymous user account, ... > outside workshop to collect main office data by dial-up connection, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)