Re: Certificate Service version

From: BB (qbernard_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/28/03

Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:36:11 +0800

NT 4.0 - CertSrv 1.0
W2k - CertSrv 2.0
Win03 - CertSrv XX

As for the type whether is enterprise or standalone, my guess
is that you can configure it, as for enterprise you need DC to do it.

--
Regards,
Bernard Cheah
"Jim Matthews" <jmweb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> A while back, I asked this question and it was answered - unfortunately, I
> lost the answer
>
> How can I determine the version (1.0 or 2.0) of the MS Certificate
Authority
> installed on my server, and whether it is a standalone or enterprise ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> JIM MATTHEWS
> Dallas, Texas

Relevant Pages

  • Certificate Service version
    ... lost the answer ... and whether it is a standalone or enterprise? ... JIM MATTHEWS ...
  • Re: Enterprise vs Standalone CA
    ... I have tried installing both ways and the only difference that I was ... able to tell is the enterprise wouldn't let me say "manually approve ... standalone because I wanted to manually approve all certs. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Address Book over LDAPS
    ... I use the "Enterprise standalone CA" mode. ... your users don't have to add a new root CA - they trust Verisign by default ... The certsrv service attaches the root CA cert to any certs created with the ...
  • Re: Standalone or Enterprise
    ... This should tell you whether you are standalone ... do you see Template tab in the snap-in. ... >>> tell whether it is a standalone or Enterprise installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Main differences between Enterprise CA and Standalone CA ?
    ... one people in my team has made a project with a standalone CA but we are thinking about installing an Enterprise CA as we are using Active Directory. ... We don't have any special needs actually but the advantage to have the Enterprise CA is the auto-enrollment so we would like to install it for the project and not anymore the standalone CA. ...