Permission Problem

From: Ben Williams (bwilliams_at_cct.co.uk)
Date: 05/27/03

Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 03:18:29 -0700

I have an intranet running and within that intranet is a
forum.

Everybody can access the intranet but for some reason only
the administrator group can access the forums.

I have tried setting up all of the permissions on the
folders and looked at the setting in IIS with no joy.

I don't want people to use an administrator username and
password for the forum coz they will be able to access
everything on the network.

Can anybody help!???

Many thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Tough Problem: Anonymous Posting Enabled Forum
    ... I am developing an ASP.net forum in our intranet. ... The design specification of the intranet disagrees ... real "anonymous" post, without traceable logs. ...
  • Re: Permission Problem
    ... > I have an intranet running and within that intranet is a ... > password for the forum coz they will be able to access ... Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000 ...
  • Folder Permissions
    ... I have an intranet running and within that intranet is a ... Everybody can access the intranet but for some reason only ... the administrator group can access the forums. ... password for the forum coz they will be able to access ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Help needed with filtering content.
    ... Intranet discussion forum. ... Given that people throughout the business ... will be able to view the results file, I need to be able to filter out ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)