Login to FTP server

From: Bob (Bob_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/22/03

Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 03:24:45 -0700

I have setup FTP server on my xp machine.

The machine is in a workgroup, I have created a local
user on the machine so that I can login to the FTP server.

The server is sitting behind a firewall like so:-

XP (192.168.0.1) > Firewall > Router >Internet

I have setup NAT on my firewall so that any traffic from
the XP box is natted with 212.xxx.xxx.xxx

I have dialled up to the Internet with another laptop and
tried to access the site, I am unable to login but I am
told "could not login to the FTP server with the user
name and opassword specified"

Where do I need to create the username?