Login to FTP server

From: Bob (Bob_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/22/03

Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 03:24:45 -0700

I have setup FTP server on my xp machine.

The machine is in a workgroup, I have created a local
user on the machine so that I can login to the FTP server.

The server is sitting behind a firewall like so:-

XP (192.168.0.1) > Firewall > Router >Internet

I have setup NAT on my firewall so that any traffic from
the XP box is natted with 212.xxx.xxx.xxx

I have dialled up to the Internet with another laptop and
tried to access the site, I am unable to login but I am
told "could not login to the FTP server with the user
name and opassword specified"

Where do I need to create the username?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Login to FTP server
    ... FTP, so unless you have personal files on your FTP server, it may be better ... to use the login ID anonymous with the password being any email address. ... > I have setup FTP server on my xp machine. ...
  • [NEWS] Multiple Firewalls Ruleset Bypass through FTP Revisited
    ... a new attack method affected most leading firewall ... connect to a restrictive port. ... resend control strings supplied by the attacker that a vulnerable firewall ... Connect to FTP server and log on ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: tried everything- cannot publish to web
    ... the path to the FTP server correctly, ... firewall, and/or a third party firewall included in a antivirus suite, or a ... looking at the instructions from Yahoo about how to upload your site, ... how to use their control panel to upload your files. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Ftp server behind a router issue
    ... A firewall must protect the ... It means that DMZ is separated from Internet ... If your local ftp server uses a private IP address and DLink DI-604 firewall ... In your case, you access your ftp server from Internet, maybe PORT command ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Please help I have been hacked!!
    ... a port scanner such as superscan from www.foundstone.com ... a firewall with logging set up and that blocks outbound connections as ... The port scanner will help you to see if other computers are running FTP ... Fport will help you tell whether Microsoft IIS FTP server is being ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)